Saturday, September 25, 2010

What 22 pounds will do

So you would think at my weight, a 22 lb loss would be a drop in the bucket.  But surprisingly, it makes a big difference.  My two pairs of size "8" Lane Bryant jeans (I know, right - I think it's the equivalent of size 26 or 28) are now pretty loose.  So I decided to see what was in my bottom drawer. 

I pulled out 2 pair of jeans that I wore last year before gaining 30-odd pounds.  One from Torrid and one from the Gap.  Both are size 20.  Pretty optimistic, right?  Well, the Gap jeans fit...barely!  I had to pack myself in there like blood sausage but they zipped!  So I wore them - with a long sweater so they didn't look as noticeably tight.  (Never mind that I had to unbutton them while I was in my car.)  I ran errands in size 20 jeans today! 

Weight today: 279.6

2 comments:

  1. I can see it has been a while since I visited your blog. Hope you are hanging in there.

    That 22 pound loss is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, you had some NSV's as well. Good for you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Fitting into old jeans is the best. I tried to wear an old denim skirt on Halloween and discovered it no longer fit around my body.
    Sigh.
    woot, woot, old jeans!

    ReplyDelete